The golden barrel cactus is a globe shaped type cacti suitable for growing in conservatories, on patios or any other type of indoor glass rooms.
The Baluarte Zoo was established by local politician and businessman, Chavit Singson. Singson, who cites his hunting hobby as his motive in setting up Baluarte only considered opening a zoo when his hunting trophy collection grew too big. He thought that a zoo would serve to edify it, patrons, aside from promoting conservation and protection of endangered species. Described as an interactive wildlife sanctuary, the facility was designed and developed by Singson himself(Wikipedia)
In my recent visit at “Baluarte” I found out that almost everything, there is free if you opt to skip the shuttle you can walk up to the destinations which are not quite far from each other. The only thing you can’t get into if you’re walking in to see the White Lion/Tiger. You need to pay to see and take a picture with it. Regardless “Baluarte” is a great place to visit with the whole family. Tourist shops sold reasonably priced items and there were many snack shacks around the place. It’s well maintained and the staff is friendly and informative.
“Do you allow yourself to be controlled by coffee? Yes I did. But, I don’t allow my life to be controlled by these 5 things”
Don’t Allow Your Life To Be Controlled By These 5 Things
1. Your Past
2. Other Peoples Opinions
3. Limited Beliefs
A Quote to live by:
1. Your Past-“When you hold on to your history you do so at the expense of your destiny.” ~ T. D. Jakes
2. Other Peoples Opinions-Care about people’s approval, and you will always be their prisoner.– Lao Tzu
3. Limited Beliefs-The Second You Limit Yourself Is The Second You Fail
4. Relationships-develop enough mental strength that you get to a point where you don’t need others to make you happy.
5. Money-“Take a better stand. Put money in my mom’s hand. Get my daughter this college plan, so she don’t need no man.”
Speaker: Josiah Ruff
1. Your Past-Release that weight from your back so you can be free. Don’t allow events of the past, which are now gone, to ruin this moment, which is perfect – this moment which is now to enjoy, which is ready for you to LIVE FULLY. Your past does not equal your future.“When you hold on to your history you do so at the expense of your destiny.” ~ T. D. Jakes
2. Other Peoples Opinions-Do not allow other people’s opinions and judgements to control the direction of your life. The need to fit in and feel wanted can cause you to travel down paths you don’t want to travel. People pleasing is a curse that should be avoided at all costs. Before you do anything, ask yourself: Am I doing this because I want to do it?… or because of my fear of judgement from others if I don’t do it.
3. Limited Beliefs- Do not allow your life to be controlled by your own limited beliefs. NOW, a warning with this one. These beliefs may be conscious, but more than likely they will be unconscious. They may be unconscious limitations that have been conditioned from a young age and throughout your entire life, by listening to those around you who never reached for their own dream. When you have nothing inside holding you back, there is nothing outside that can hold you back either. Your entire life will change the very instant you decide to change your mindset. The instant you decide to see everything as a gift.When you DECIDE to see every circumstance and challenge as a blessing rather than a curse. When you become conscious to the fact that everything is as it should be, and fighting WHAT IS, is insane.
4. Relationships-Relationships. A touchy subject. But, if you are always needing another to be happy, to feel complete, then you are always one moment away from a breakdown if that person leaves, or unhappiness if the relationship is not going well.
I am not suggesting to avoid relationships. There is no force on this earth greater than LOVE and connection. I am talking about those who can’t LIVE if they aren’t in a relationship. Those who will be with just about anyone, including all the wrong ones, just to avoid spending a moment being single.
What I AM saying, is to develop enough mental strength that you get to a point where you don’t need others to make you happy.You are just as happy being alone, as you are in a relationship.
5. Money-This is what controls the majority of humans on the planet. Can you guess what it is?…MONEY!
This does not mean you shouldn’t want abundance. It doesn’t mean money is evil. You know as well as I do what great things you can do, and people you can help with money. What this means is, do not allow your decisions to be controlled by money.
If you are choosing something ONLY on the factor of how much money is involved, you’ve just made the wrong decision. What you will find, is that when you follow your heart, and you lead with your intention to SERVE others, to give your best to others – EVERY SINGLE TIME, when you follow your intuition and truly GIVE from your soul – then, the money will come, and it will come in far greater amounts than if you simply chase money for the sake of chasing money.
So, challenge yourself to live the life you want to live. Free from being controlled by ANYTHING. Find your freedom. LIVE FULLY!
Words to live by:
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.- Epicurus
It was in November, last year. I was on the way south, to embark on the Spirit of Enderby in Bluff, for an expedition to the subantarctic islands. I had just spent a day in Dunedin to discuss volunteering possibilities with the Department of Conservation (DOC) there. I veered off State Highway One and started […]
Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires(Charles Caleb Colton) .
What if I tell you time travel is possible, would you like to travel with me? How to? I will explain later –but my later is infinite😁- like number 0- (∞ × 0 = will result into any real number) ~Infinity (symbol: ∞) infinite counting to eternity. hehehehe!!!😁) infinity is related to anything which cannot be counted or measured. whereas eternity is related to state of being timeless.(Inspired by Travelers Series Movie at Netflix.)
Hey. If we were having a coffee this week, I kinda feel like it should be tea, strong tea, normally associated with builders. This week began the long awaited redecorating / renovating of my living room. I’ve never built shelves before, so had no idea how long it would take. […]
SWOT analysis consists of four components: Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities & Threats.
Strengths: characteristics of the business or project that give it an advantage over others.
Weaknesses: characteristics of the business that place the business or project at a disadvantage relative to others.
Opportunities: elements in the environment that the business or project could exploit to its advantage.
Threats: elements in the environment that could cause trouble for the business or project.
The first step is to identify the strengths of the process, people and products as it relates to the improvement initiative. Identify both tangible and intangible factors; not situational strengths but rather factors over which you can control. The key here is ‘control’ and means internal factors. It usually means internal to the organization but when improving processes, it can be internal to a business unit, department, geographic location, etc.
Second step is and in a similar fashion, look at the weaknesses of process, people and products. Weaknesses are factors that are within your control that detract from delivering value without significant waste. Ask: why are we doing this project?
Third steps is to switch to the opportunities. What is the targeted improvement? What opportunity are you trying to seize? Why are you doing this now? These questions will help identify the key opportunities. In the traditional SWOT, the opportunities portion of the analysis usually refers to external opportunities. In process improvement initiatives, it can be this or internal opportunities as well.
And last . . . address the threats. Ask: what will happen if this process (or product) is not improved. What will be, or has been, the consequences of not improving the situation. Be specific and as detailed as possible. This also is traditionally external threats but as with the opportunities, it can be this or internal threats to the organization.
SWOT analysis aims to identify the key internal and external factors seen as important to achieving an objective. SWOT analysis groups key pieces of information into two main categories:
- Internal factors — the strengths and weaknesses internal to the organization
- External factors — the opportunities and threats presented by the environment external to the organization
The organization can only act on strengths and weaknesses. The ultimate goal of the SWOT Matrix is to determine exactly how best to utilize your strengths to maximize opportunities and get rid of threats. On the other hand, it serves to determine actions so that your weaknesses do not destroy the opportunities or, worst, become even more destructive threats.
Try to avoid complexity and don’t over analyze things. It’s good to keep your SWOT analysis short and simple. Definitely build different strategies and options based on your SWOT analysis.
Quote to live by:
It is important to know the art of strengthening your strengths
which would enable to weaken your weaknesses
and also lay the foundation for availing the opportunities
and negating the threats that come your way. V Munsif.