Plan Ahead

How To Get Healthy And Fit With Your New Year’s Resolution

1 Comment

Author: Zach Hunt

New Year’s Resolutions!!

We all make them and we all break them. How many years has your New Year’s Resolution been to lose weight and get fit and healthy? Studies show that 75% of people break their resolutions within three months. The other 25% have broken them by the end of January. How will you do this new year??

You know the drill by now. Jan 1st you are all set to begin eating right and exercising. But within a few days it’s likely you have half starved yourself and are using that excuse to delay your work out. All the goodies are gone within a week. Exercise? You haven’t started quite yet. Feeling defeated, you give up. “It’s too hard” you say. Not true.

There is no magic to being fit. The key is the same for everybody. Eat right and exercise. To lose weight one must burn more calories than they consume. Eat less. Move more. You can keep that New Year’s goal!

New Year’s Resolution: Eat less

Here are a few simple things that are easy to do to reduce your daily caloric intake:

Cut out soda pop and other sugary drinks from your diet. Try sparkling water with a slice of lemon, lime or orange tossed in.
Drink only fat free or 1% milk. Start by gradually changing from whole milk to 2% and on down. Soon you won’t know the difference.
Choose fruit for a snack.
Stop piling on the butter! How about having your toast with jam that is naturally sweetened. Use salsa on your baked potato!
If you simply cannot live without a sweet treat each day, try JUST ONE Hershey’s Kiss. Let it dissolve slowly in your mouth. This one kiss will taste far more enjoyable than an entire bag eaten in haste.
New Year’s Resolution: Burn those calories! Exercise!

You’ve used all the excuses already and even you aren’t buying it.

“I know how to eat right but exercising is too hard”. No it’s not. It may seem so at first but after a time you will feel a need and desire to do it.
It’s just too cold to walk. Sometimes it is too cold or icy roads are slippery. An investment in piece of exercise equipment, like a treadmill or maybe fast walking around the local mall before it opens.
“I don’t have time.” You don’t have time not to. Studies show people who work out are happier and healthier.
You can make this New Year the year of NO excuses.

What’s In It For Me?

Do you remember how much fun it is to fit into skinny clothes?
Did you dread the annual holiday party because you had nothing to wear that fit?
Do you make excuses to avoid social gatherings?
Are you really too tired to even get yourself out?
Do you remember how it felt to look and feel good?
You can feel that way again!!

But It’s So Hard To Start

Have you ever thought to yourself “If I were a rich celebrity I could hire a trainer and then I could do it!” You don’t have to be a celebrity to get fit! You, too, can work with a trainer right here in the area and you don’t have to be rich to do it.


Zach Hunt is a Spokane New Year’s Resolutions expert and the owner of Physzique, a personal fitness coaching company in Spokane, WA helping people to look and feel great. Go here: Personal Trainers Spokane for more info on these services and more great fitness tips.

Article Source: http://www.articlealley.com/article_1338909_23.html

About the Author:


One thought on “How To Get Healthy And Fit With Your New Year’s Resolution

  1. Pingback: Self improvement, Career and Success | Olongapo Today

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *