You can’t keep a good character down, even when that character has spent most of its existence as one of Marvel Comics’ most notorious villains. A Venom movie based on the popular Spider-Man spinoff character is scheduled to hit theaters on October 5.
It is wise to have a goal in mind. It’s in the Bible, Proverbs 13:16, TLB. “A wise man thinks ahead; a fool doesn’t and even brags about it!”
Self-respect is the fruit of discipline; the sense of dignity grows with the ability to say no to oneself. -Abraham Joshua Heschel
Some people may think that goals have a definite timeline to accomplish. In part, this is true, but there are certainly ways on how you can hasten the process. You can achieve more great things by focusing on the current job and getting it done, without any compromise. Here are some guidelines from the experts that you can use yourself.
Step One: Forming a Team
Things can be accomplished more quickly if you rely on other people and assign tasks accordingly. When forming a team, it is important that you choose individuals whom you can trust and are truly competent in the fields you assign them to. Teams need to be supervised to ensure that you get the results you want. You can also create a hierarchy or create pairs so that one can look out for the other, thereby saving you time when reviewing work.
Forming a team gives you the benefit of practicing your leadership skills. You will find that later on, you also get to finish tasks more quickly alone since you’ve already created an effective system that will provide a smoother flow of various jobs. Make sure you also get the appropriate number of people for the job, or else you risk having too many to watch over, wasting precious time in the process.
Step Two: Finding Shortcuts
Some goals actually have shortcuts that you can use to reach more quickly. These are not quick fixes but can help the entire system respond in a more conducive manner, thereby boosting the process. For example, there are no shortcuts to permanent weight loss, but you can do some techniques that will hasten the fat loss. Some of the approaches include using HIIT or high-intensity interval training, instead of the traditional cardiovascular exercise. HIIT is done only in 20 minutes tops, and burns fat and raises your metabolism higher and for longer periods of time. Your body will respond to the exercise faster.
To know about the shortcuts, always stay updated with changes and developments in technology and professional programs. Stay connected in a network of people related to your goals. Joining forums and online seminars are ideal. You can also talk to experts, so you can compare processes and determine if a certain approach is truly effective.
Step Three: Extra Hours
Consistency, discipline, and dedication always give you faster and better results. If you want to finish things faster, you may have to put in extra hours and work longer than the usual. The more important thing is that you keep stress levels down afterward by relaxing and giving yourself enough time to rest. This way, you can move on to the next goals to be achieved. Overtime should also be well-planned. You cannot expect to work effectively beyond your usual time if you’re still tired the night before or do not have enough equipment to work with.
Prepare and strategize by coming up with small objectives and actions steps to be done in sequence. Having information prior to your overtime can help greatly and save you lots of idle time. You may also ask someone to work with you during overtime to accomplish more. Try to incorporate all the three steps above and see for yourself how much more you can boost the process.
Words to live by:
1. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified. 1 Corinthians 9:25-27
Proverbs 3:5-6:“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”
We all want God to answer our prayers. We believe in the power of prayer, but when it comes down to our own individual lives and problems, we often don’t have the faith to believe that God will answer. Unbelief and independence trap us. But God wants to enlarge our territory and bless us with increase, because His nature is to bless. Our lack of faith and our fear of stepping out in dependence on Him are what get in the way. The truth is that the things we do for God should be outside of our own abilities; they should be evidence that we are trusting in His supernatural ability.
When we back away from dependence, we are not living by faith. We need to be willing to attempt things big enough that unless God steps in, we are sure to fail. Faith is like jumping out of an airplane at fifteen thousand feet. If God doesn’t catch you, you will fall and crash. But how do you know unless you jump? This is the kind of faith and dependence He is looking for in our lives. Remember the prayer of Jabez in 1 Chronicles 4:10:
“Jabez cried out to the God of Israel, ‘Oh, that you would bless me and enlarge my territory! Let your hand be with me, and keep me from harm so that I will be free from pain.’ And God granted his request.”
Jabez cried out to God to enlarge his territory and bless him. He cried out for God’s hand to be with him. Jabez was greatly blessed by God because he didn’t let obstacles become larger than his faith. He knew the character of God and that He loved to bless. We, too, are made for destiny. We have a God-inspired desire to impact our world. Created for something bigger than ourselves, we are designed to touch a lost world. We long to make an impact on our land for eternity, whether it is where we work, live or minister.
But in reality most of us are afraid to step out by faith.
What step of faith is God asking you to take today? Will you put everything into His almighty hands, adjust your life to what you are praying for, and step out by faith in whatever way He leads? When you do this, you become dependent in His dependable hands. He is waiting for your invitation to enlarge your faith.
Gracious Father, as we begin a new day, help us to engage your will with a reckless faith. Teach us to trust in you, and help us grow in righteousness. Heavenly Lord, give us the courage to step out in faith this day. Fill our hearts with your spirit, and let us speak your words with pride.
One of the qualities I loved about Anthony Bourdain was his political lens on every situation – He made every piece of a story so significant and most of all was that he listened and observed and asked questions, including the reason for a specific spice existing in a particular region and how it put that place on the map during colonial times or sometime else.
The creator of The Wire and Treme remembers his years of friendship and collaboration with the late Anthony Bourdain.
If something happens by a twist of fate, it happens by chance, and it is strange, interesting, or unfortunate in some way. >>> In nature, we rarely see straight lines. Organic materials tend to have natural curves to them, a natural movement to their form. Snail shells, like the one pictured below, twist as they grow. The center tip of the spiral — the apex — is composed of the snail’s original, baby shell. I find this to be delightfully symbolic of life itself — the path and process of growth being anything but straight and direct.
This week, show us something that doesn’t maintain a straight line.
Lord Jesus Christ,
by your own three days in the tomb,
you hallowed the graves of all who believe in you
and so made the grave a sign of hope
that promises resurrection
even as it claims our mortal bodies.
Grant that our brother, Teddy, may sleep here in peace
until you awaken him to glory,
for you are the resurrection and the life.
Then he will see you face to face
and in your light will see the light
and know the splendor of God,
for you live and reign forever and ever.
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
“Memory is the only paradise out of which we cannot be driven away.”-Johann Paul Friedrich Richter
Just a Note: Hello, if we were having a coffee, I’d be holding mine tightly in my hands for warmth. I am imagining and got scared after someone shadow on the side of my eye and thought there was someone loitering outside of my office.
Maybe my memory is just going haywire. The last few weeks I’ve been thinking that I really need to make notes for these posts and I know for certain that something worth talking/thinking about what happened on Monday (Feb 26, 2018). I just can’t remember what it was. Looking back, I’m not sure that it was one of the most exciting weeks. I think I did something fun, It’s was my 22nd Wedding Anniversary I did spend my whole day with my wife, but I can’t remember that either, I wish I did forget what happen on that day, Teddy a friend of mine told me that he will take a leave on February 28 but he takes his leave on earth 2 days earlier on February 26 it was an unfortunate day for the family of my friend he passed away and maybe that’s the reason, that I’ve been very sensitive on my relations with my family and friends. ” Countless times it takes a death to make a person truly appreciate someone important to them. Why is it that our lives are so busy that we don’t take a moment to truly recognize all that we value? Why is it that we always wish we could tell someone gone too soon that we care for them, just one last time? We need to start telling those we love/care how much we cherish them before it’s too late. We must stop waiting for something horrible to happen in order to hold those we love/care a little closer. Each and every day, all of us have our own little world that takes tending to. We have school, deadlines, work, bills to pay, cars to fix and lots of list of things to do. All these things, while necessary, distract us from appreciating those who care. Appreciate those who matter to you, now – not when they’re gone. Live in the moment because you’re not guaranteed tomorrow. Before you know it you can truly lose it all. So, forgive easily, hug often, say “I care for you and or I love you,” and live for today
Words to live by :
- Some things are meant to happen, just not meant to be. Some things are meant to come into your life, just not meant to stay. – Trent Shelton
- Always be thankful. Life could be worse.- Unknown
- The past cannot be changed, forgotten, edited or erased; it can only be accepted.- Unknown
“Do you allow yourself to be controlled by coffee? Yes I did. But, I don’t allow my life to be controlled by these 5 things”
Don’t Allow Your Life To Be Controlled By These 5 Things
1. Your Past
2. Other Peoples Opinions
3. Limited Beliefs
A Quote to live by:
1. Your Past-“When you hold on to your history you do so at the expense of your destiny.” ~ T. D. Jakes
2. Other Peoples Opinions-Care about people’s approval, and you will always be their prisoner.– Lao Tzu
3. Limited Beliefs-The Second You Limit Yourself Is The Second You Fail
4. Relationships-develop enough mental strength that you get to a point where you don’t need others to make you happy.
5. Money-“Take a better stand. Put money in my mom’s hand. Get my daughter this college plan, so she don’t need no man.”
Speaker: Josiah Ruff
1. Your Past-Release that weight from your back so you can be free. Don’t allow events of the past, which are now gone, to ruin this moment, which is perfect – this moment which is now to enjoy, which is ready for you to LIVE FULLY. Your past does not equal your future.“When you hold on to your history you do so at the expense of your destiny.” ~ T. D. Jakes
2. Other Peoples Opinions-Do not allow other people’s opinions and judgements to control the direction of your life. The need to fit in and feel wanted can cause you to travel down paths you don’t want to travel. People pleasing is a curse that should be avoided at all costs. Before you do anything, ask yourself: Am I doing this because I want to do it?… or because of my fear of judgement from others if I don’t do it.
3. Limited Beliefs- Do not allow your life to be controlled by your own limited beliefs. NOW, a warning with this one. These beliefs may be conscious, but more than likely they will be unconscious. They may be unconscious limitations that have been conditioned from a young age and throughout your entire life, by listening to those around you who never reached for their own dream. When you have nothing inside holding you back, there is nothing outside that can hold you back either. Your entire life will change the very instant you decide to change your mindset. The instant you decide to see everything as a gift. When you DECIDE to see every circumstance and challenge as a blessing rather than a curse. When you become conscious to the fact that everything is as it should be, and fighting WHAT IS, is insane.
4. Relationships-Relationships. A touchy subject. But, if you are always needing another to be happy, to feel complete, then you are always one moment away from a breakdown if that person leaves, or unhappiness if the relationship is not going well.
I am not suggesting to avoid relationships. There is no force on this earth greater than LOVE and connection. I am talking about those who can’t LIVE if they aren’t in a relationship. Those who will be with just about anyone, including all the wrong ones, just to avoid spending a moment being single.
What I AM saying, is to develop enough mental strength that you get to a point where you don’t need others to make you happy. You are just as happy being alone, as you are in a relationship.
5. Money-This is what controls the majority of humans on the planet. Can you guess what it is? …MONEY!
This does not mean you shouldn’t want abundance. It doesn’t mean money is evil. You know as well as I do what great things you can do, and people you can help with money. What this means is, do not allow your decisions to be controlled by money.
If you are choosing something ONLY on the factor of how much money is involved, you’ve just made the wrong decision. What you will find, is that when you follow your heart, and you lead with your intention to SERVE others, to give your best to others – EVERY SINGLE TIME, when you follow your intuition and truly GIVE from your soul – then, the money will come, and it will come in far greater amounts than if you simply chase money for the sake of chasing money.
So, challenge yourself to live the life you want to live. Free from being controlled by ANYTHING. Find your freedom. LIVE FULLY!
Words to live by:
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; but remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.- Epicurus